Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tilda's Spring Cottage

Hello dear friends!!

While hubbie's away the girls will play!!!  My husband decided to go golfing in Florida for a couple of weeks...so...the girls get to play!!  Actually I still have work and such but my friends and I managed to get together for a day of play in my craft room!!!  They all decided to do a cottage that was on Dena Concienne's blog...Christine also has finished one and was going for number two!!  While I had no plan to do the cottage they were having so much FUN that I caved and joined them!!!  The template can be found at Creations by AR.

I decided to make mine my second addition to the Tilda Town that I am creating with the help (at some point) from my Granddaughters!!

Here is my Tilda's "Spring" Cottage...this is a picture heavy post!!...

please click on the first image for a closer view and slideshow...
so I made the cottage with a deck, fence and steps...
the template has no door so I made my own as well as the circle window above the door...
I added LOTS of flowers on the deck and around the base...




 the roof of the cottage is made using strips punched with a Martha Stewart punch and inked with Ranger Stormy Sky Distress ink...
the cottage is made with Maja paper...the Sofiero collection...Hold my Hand...
the steps and deck planks were strips run through Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder that I inked with the Stormy Sky before running it through...
the two plants at the front door are a Magnolia stamp "Afternoon Tea Plant" from the Little London 2013 collection...
the dog is "Cute Magnolia" from the same collection... 
 I decorated each side with a trellis, vines and tiny pick rose buds...cherry blossom at base...
 the deck is mounted on chip board...
I put gauze inked with Memory Box Olive ink around the base for a grassy effect...
the fence is Magnolia "Lovely Fence" also inked and run through the wood grain embossing folder...
 this is "Kneeling Tilda"...sorry can't remember which collection...
 this is "Laying Tilda"...again can't remember the collection...
 in each corner of the deck is a clay pot filled with flowers...

So that is my second addition to my Tilda Town! I had such a BLAST doing this one...and NO FRANTAGE or glitter...LOL!!!  I guess I made up for that with the flowers!!!!

Materials Used:
DP-Maja Sofiero Collection -Live and Love Crafts
Stamps-Magnolia (all listed above) -Magnolia-licious
Die Cuts-Magnolia "Lovely Fence"-Magnolia-licious
               Memory Box Trellis and Delicate Vine
Embossing Folder-Tim Holtz Wood Grain
Punch-Martha Stewart Heart Lace Border
Flowers-Wild Orchid Crafts

Challenges I will enter:
Tildas Town-Challenge #96 "Spring is in the Air"
Time for Magnolia-Challenge #50 "Spring is in the Air"
Dutch Magnolias-Challenge #77 "Spring is in the Air"
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia-Challenge #90 "Flower Power"

Until next time...thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are so very much appreciated!!!!



                              






18 comments:

  1. Holy Cow Beth! This is amazing! I love how you did this project!!!!!!!
    AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Beth, I am speechless, this is breathtaking , WOW!!!!
    Hugs Paola

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cottage!!! it is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ....... WOW ........ I am never speechless, but I am! I can not believe what you can do with paper and time! have to say, I was proud that I got my cottage built, but now, I had better hire some "skilled" trades to embellish it! you are SO TALENTED my friend .... absolutely love this creation

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fab project !!! love the gorgeous details
    thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what a project! You don't make it easy on yourself girl!
    WOW, this is amazing. So beautiful, those little Tilda's a lucky to have such a cute cottage. So many wonderful details and the flowers, take me away.....love it all, so pretty, should have shown us your friends cottages too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty scene, I love the little cottage and your sweet Tildas, just beautiful, Thanks so much for joining in at LHOSM
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely creation. Thanks for joining in the Dutch Magnolia Lovers. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project so full of gorgeous details!! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week
    Hugs Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, Beth! I saw Christine's too. You guys make me want to make one too...tee hee. Love your use of the MS heart border punch to make your roof shingles--looks great.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm speechless - your cottage is absolutely brilliant Beth, so many gorgeous details. The roof is fabulous and I love all of your beautiful flowers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful project and it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW Beth is is simply amazing! I love visiting your Blog, there is always so much to see. Love your style too. Thanks for stopping by my Blog with such a lovely comment. It fair brought a tear to my eye. Don't miss out on my candy Beth, do pop over and take a look. Happy Weekend. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...What a creation Beth...it's a masterpiece...the attention to detail is amazing...I adore the roof & decking, the colours are perfect...ADORABLE....Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project! Thank you for joining us at Time for Magnolia.

    Hugs, Sieta

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply a work of art! I love how you did the roof/shingles! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally amazing little cottage Beth. I love how you put it on a wooden deck. You chose the perfect Tildas to be hanging around the front of the house! They look like they are just chillin on a summer afternoon! All those flowers....beautiful! The trellis at the side of the house is brilliant! How do you come up with all of these great ideas? Love it , love it, love it! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous project..love all your details! Thank you so much for joining us at LHoSM this week.

    Hugs
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete