Friday, February 12, 2016

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #157-"Recipe"

Good Friday morning dear blogging friends!!

Today at Fussy and Fancy we begin a brand new challenge...our hostess for the next two weeks is our fabulous Jo Rice!!  Jo has a special "Recipe" for us to follow...

Recipe
Create a design and have some fun,
Use this recipe and your work will be done,
Just use black and white to make a start,
But then add some red , a flowers and a little love heart......X


So this is a little Valentine for my hubby...what do you get the man who has everything...lol!!  I decided that a little box filled with some candies was in order...for when he's bored in front of the TV!!!

Now as Jo is Fussy and Fancy's residing Queen of technique I decided to go with some mixed media!
 
Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
compartmented box is from Tim Holtz...
the before and prep...
I painted all edges and outer sides with black Distress Ink...
then using Tim Holtz Layering Stencil "Honeycomb" THS005 I painted on Gesso...
I went back over the center with black Distress Crackle Paint...
hearts are Memory Box "Heart Bird Keepsake" F1439...
I stamped one on the red and edged with Gesso...
the white I stamped on back of white corrugated paper then cut and distressed with black...
then stamped another on the black with Ranger's Perfect Medium, embossed with Ranger's Clear Embossing powder and edged with Gesso...
box open...
 another view...
the hearts arranged with cheesecloth inked randomly with black...
in the bottom corner I added texture paste and Silver Embossing powder...
I added chick wire (hard to see here) and pieces of glittered mesh...
the white flowers...sponged with Distress Ink Fired Brick...were dabbed with Rangers Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy...sprinkled with micro beads...
you can see the chicken wire a bit better here...
I used texture paste and embossing powder here too...
the tags are Maya Road "Journaling Tag Stamp" SMP1725 "...
love stamp is from the same stamp set...
 
So now I just have to go pick out a nice assortment of candy for my sweetheart to munch on AND you need to go on over to Fussy and Fancy to check out the wonderful "Recipe" creations of my talented team mates!!
 
All materials are listed above.
 
Challenges I wish to enter...
Anything But Cute-Challenge #10 "Grungy Love"
Creative Fingers-Challenge #102 "Anything Goes"
 
Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!
 

 



12 comments:

  1. Morning Beth, ...wow...I adore this box, how clever and even better that it has chocolate in it....just heaven . I love your attention to detail and I am sure that your beloved will adore it too. Have a wonderful weekend lovely lady...hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous make!!!
    Thank you so very kindly for joining our “Grungy Love” challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment left on my Blog. Oh WOW it fair made my day! Oh now I love this creation! Happy Weekend. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks fantastic Beth great job you did.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing and so beautifully illustrated on your blog too.
    Thank you for entering the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #08 and best of luck with your entry.
    Don't forget, all winners from our monthly challenges from all categories are eligible to enter the "Champion of Champions" DT Challenge on 1st March 2016. Winners from this current challenge will also be eligible.
    Links for the Champion of Champion Challenge will be provided on our March monthly challenge as well as posted on Meet at the Scrappers Corner https://www.facebook.com/groups/694374473958879/ and also the World Wide Open DT Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1461676534124574/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous box Beth!! I love all of the textures and the beautiful hearts, fabulous Valentine gift! Enjoy your weekend!
    Big hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous valentine box. The colour palette and the texture all add to the grungy feel. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning box hun, wow such awesome design features and fab textures, hope your ok, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! stunning Valentine box filled with Grungy details! I love that non Grungy bit of sparkly mesh and those bright red ribbons really pop against all that black and white. I bet your hubby is enjoying this today!

    Thank you for joining our Grungy Love challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantabulous grungy box of goodies you have designed here! I bet your DH absolutely loved this and is enjoying it today. Brilliant use of the chicken wire and the pops of red are stunning! This is my favorite color combo of all time, anything red/white/black! So many lovely textures and details! Wowzers!

    Thanks for joining in our "Grungy Love" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Beth. What an amazing way to decorate the box. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Beth. What an amazing way to decorate the box. x

    ReplyDelete