Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Midweek Magnolias Challenge #133-"Mother's Day or Special Lady"

Good Wednesday morning dear blogging friends!!

Well we are into March and for us anyway it has "come in like a lion" with our biggest snow storm of this winter to date...UGH!!!!...hope this means that it will "go out like a lamb"!!  We can only hope!

Anyway...onto to today's post!  We begin a brand new challenge today at Midweek Magnolias...we would love to see a card or project honouring "Mother's Day or Special Lady"!!  Our most wonderful sponsor is Magnolia Sweden!

I decided to make my Mom a little gift set of handmade cards incased in an acrylic case that I recycled from some vitamin bottles!  I have made up some little cards...some blank others that say "Thank You" on them so that Mom has a bit of a stash of her own!

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
I covered the acrylic case with black lace...
added some gorgeous lace trim from Live and Love Crafts...
and then topped that with some flower/leaf trim from my stash...
the unadorned acrylic case...
I thought this Tilda fitting for a case of note cards...
this is "Invitation Tilda" from the Special Moments 2013 collection...
coloured with my copics...
dusted with Shabby Aqua Frantage...
DP is a scrap from my stash...
decorative oval is Spellbinders... 
on the top is a lace bow decorated with flowers from my stash...
"Happy Mother's Day" is Hero Arts...
 
Here in Canada we don't celebrate Mother's Day until May so I am way ahead of the game on this one...LOL!!  Now I know that my talented team mates have some beautiful projects to inspire us all SO won't you hop on over to Midweek Magnolias and check out their gorgeous work...then get busy and join us!
 
All materials are listed/linked above.
 
Challenges I wish to enter:
Creative Fingers-Challenge #103 "Anything Goes"
Deep Oceans Challenge-Challenge #123 "Lovely Lace"
 
Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!
 



10 comments:

  1. fab idea and project
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Beth!! That lace is just gorgeous, and I love the purple and green combo for accents against the black! Beautiful project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous upcycle and recycle project Beth. You are such a clever girl. Love it.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea Beth! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Beth! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! Your altered case is gorgeous! I wish I could come up with ideas to alter things like this - so beautiful! The details are gorgeous and that lace is stunning! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous Beth ..... you gave a boring acrylic box a fantastic makeover ! you are like a magician! really love the lace and flowers! beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, You are so clever! I love your project! Tilda looks fabulous.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Creativeness. Your Lace and Embellies are just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete